The Fabric of My Life: Timorous Beasties

In the past several years, I have become more and more interested in Naturalia as a design aesthetic. At a recent visit to the NYDC, I discovered Timorous Beasties and I fell in love with their moth print fabric. This prompted me to do more in depth research into the company. I love what I found!

From their digital fabric collection, here is the White Moth All Over print:


Also from the digital collection is Digital Iguana:


In addition to fabrics, Timorous Beasties designs wallcoverings and window shades. From the Entomology wallpaper Collection, I love the Butterfly:


as well as Picture This from the Limited Edition Collection:



There are also lampshades, rugs, cushions, and furniture for purchase in their showrooms.

I love the Thistle Rug:


The design studio was formed in 1990 by Alistair McAuley and Paul Simmons and is located in Glasgow. I am even inspired by this photo of their workspace!


The studio offers a bespoke service as well and has been invited to collaborate on several projects. One project was an installation with Maxalot at 'Todays Art Festival' in The Hague:



all photos via Timorous Beasties