Anthony Jacobus: Mad Hatter Photography

I recently met Anthony Jacobus through my work in the vintage fashion world. I fell in love with his aesthetic-the way he uses distressed and worn vintage clothing and collectibles in his still lifes. It was really hard to choose which photos to post!!

I love his still lifes-there is such a profound silence in them. It is palatable.

Here are some of my favorites from the momento mori gallery:






Here are some of the photos of the Jacobus show "Di=stRESS=ed", September 2005, at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. I love the way the photographer incorporates the vintage fashions in his installation. Wish I could have seen it in person! (please take the time to read the artist statment about this show under info on the website)







Here are a few of the latest from the "la muerta gallery". Take a look at the gallery on the website and see how the photographer uses a ball of yarn to trick the eye.






all photographs courtesy of the artist/photgrapher


AMAZING!!!!