Bill Cunningham New York Trailer

YouTube via Swank Consulting Firm

I met Bill Cunningham for the first time May 2001 at a Doyle New York auction preview. I was there with to view the pieces I had consigned with the auction house. I had not planned on attending the auction itself as my son was in school at the time. Bill insisted that we attend, that it would be "an historic event". He was right. I am so glad we listened to him! My son and I have really special memories of that day and a deep gratitude to Bill for his encouraging and insightful words.

Worth Velvet and Satin Court Gown and Train
French, circa 1888

image courtesy of Doyle New York

Estimate $15,000-20,000

Sold for $102,750


Several years later, Bill photographed me and a friend attending a Savannah College of Art & Design event in NYC, wearing my jewelry designs. I am proud to say that I ended up in the New York Times "Evening Hours", one of the highlights of my career in fashion (thank you SCAD for the invitation to the event!).

Thank you Bill!

"Bill Cunningham New York" is showing at The Film Forum, NYC. I look forward to it!!